This article answers the global question that is asked by millions of motor bikers around the world. Does health insurance cover motorcycle accidents?
Spread the word Check the Health Insurance policy language to ensure it will cover you if you’re injured in a crash involving a motorbike. Every day I encounter new clients with reckless driver injured, and I am forced to explain, to their shock, that they do not have the right insurance coverage to pay for medical expenses. Most of the time, they do not have insurance or even have a minimal amount of insurance.
There isn’t a “full coverage.. Your agent might inform you that you’ve got it, but I’ll repeat that there is no term for “full coverage.”
Your health insurance policy is the one that will pay medical expenses if you’re involved in a motorbike crash. However, many insurers do not cover injuries caused by the crash of a motorcycle.
Union members hoping to receive “good” insurance benefits should look over their medical insurance policy. Check for exclusions listed in a separate area of the policy description. It may surprise you that you’re in no way covered by injuries relating to motorcycle accidents.
We have had a customer who had a car turn into an intersection. The driver was transported via helicopter into the hospital, suffering severe leg injuries and other significant fractures. After the hospital discovered the coverage exclusion on an insurance contract, they discharged the patient swiftly. He required rehabilitation facilities. However, he had difficulty finding a place willing to accept him since the insurance company had not covered him. There was no insurance to cover the injuries sustained in the crash on his motorcycle. In the end, he went back to his home, was handicapped, and was required to pay for home improvements out of his own pockets so that it was possible to stay in his home. The man did not get the rehabilitation or follow-up care he required because his health insurance did not cover it.
You’re probably aware of how expensive accidents can be when you’ve recently suffered injuries in a motorcycle crash. Repairing or replacing your bike could seem insignificant compared to the medical expenses that may arise from the injuries you sustained.
Many victims of motorcycle accidents wonder whether their injuries from a crash related to their motorcycle costs are paid for by health insurance. If you’ve been hurt in a motorbike accident, the medical costs could get covered through your insurance.
Your Medical Expenses May Come Out of Your Settlement
Suppose you can recover damages after claiming a motorcycle crash. In that case, the health insurance provider could request that the cost be covered as a part of your settlement or judgment.
It is important to check the language of the health insurance plan to be sure it covers you in case you’re injured in a motorbike accident. Unfortunately, many motorcyclists hurt by reckless motorists don’t have adequate insurance to cover their medical expenses. Some motorcyclists are without insurance or just limited coverage.
Suppose your claim for a motorcycle accident is completed and settled. In that case, the insurance company of the other driver company and your motorcycle insurance provider may need to decide who’s accountable for the medical costs. This could result in your medical bills growing as you heal after your accident, putting you in a stressful situation.
Expenses Your Health Insurance May Cover
Health insurance usually covers certain motorcycle accidents and injuries that result from them. The amount covered will be determined by your specific health insurance policy. You could be eligible to be paid by your health insurance company for the following:
- Exams:You will require examinations to assess the severity of your injuries if a motorbike crash injures you. The health insurance you have may pay for these examinations.
- X-raysYou could have broken bones if you’ve been involved in a motorbike crash, and X-rays from these fractured bones might get covered under your insurance.
- Prescription drugs: You may need prescription painkillers after you’ve been involved in a motorbike accident. This medication may be covered through the health insurance you have.
- Hospitalizations:Motorcycle accidents can cause extremely severe injuries that require hospitalization. The time spent in the hospital could have coverage from your health plan.
Your coverage depends on your policy and your health insurance provider; it is unlikely that all your motorcycle accident-related costs will be covered under your insurance plan.
Medicare or Medicaid Coverage for Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Suppose Medicare or Medicaid covers you. In that case, your coverage could cover medical expenses related to a collision with a motorcycle. However, your healthcare provider could choose to receive reimbursement from the future settlement of a motorcycle accident instead of paying Medicaid and Medicare.
Make sure you give the hospital with your Medicare or Medicaid information when you visit the hospital following a motorcycle accident. When Medicare or Medicaid covers the medical expenses, Medicare or Medicaid can seek to collect what they paid through an obligation against the motorcycle accident settlement.
The lawyer you consult with can provide specifics of how a Medicare or Medicaid lien could impact your case and how to handle the issue of a lien.
What Your Health Insurance May NOT Cover
You could be paid for certain costs by your health insurance provider. But you’ll likely be required to cover motorcycle-related costs out of your budget. Your health insurance may not pay for the following:
- Co-pay and deductible: You may be mandated under your insurance plan to cover co-pays. It is also necessary to pay a deductible before your health insurance begins to cover the cost of your medical treatment. The health insurance policy may include an out-of-pocket limit, and you may be required to cover at least part of medical expenses up to the maximum. It is essential to check the health insurance policy to find details on what it covers.
- All medical expenses: Even once you’ve paid your co-pays and reached your minimum deductible amount, you could be medical costs that your insurance doesn’t cover, for instance, physical therapy or occupational therapy that could aid you following a motorbike accident.
- Costs not related to medical treatment: You may, in addition to medical bills, be liable for additional costs such as transportation, motorcycle repairs, and so on.
- Income loss:Health insurance policies typically do not cover the loss of earnings that result from injuries.
- Physical and emotional suffering:Motorcycle accidents can be stressful, which may cause physical and emotional anxiety. Physical and emotional suffering is generally excluded from health insurance firms.
Your health insurance probably will not cover the following:
- New technologies
- Off-label prescriptions
You can receive funds to cover these additional costs by requesting an amount from the responsible party’s auto insurance company.
What if I Don’t Have Health Insurance?
Many Americans lack health insurance. Americans may be unable to pay their medical bills if injured in a motorbike accident. It is widespread. Lawyers can assist in getting medical treatment from a doctor specializing in serious injuries and medical liens.
What Is a Medical Lien?
If you don’t have health insurance or do not cover all the medical treatment, you require following the crash on your motorcycle, your healthcare provider may consider treating you through a medical lien arrangement.
The medical lien is an agreement in which your doctor agrees to treat you immediately and then allows you to pay them part of the settlement for your motorcycle accident following the receipt. When you and your physician sign an agreement to lien, your doctor will treat you with credit in the hope that you will receive a substantial enough settlement to repay them in the future.
If you make a lien agreement with your physician, it will let you pay for medical treatments you might not be able to under your current health insurance.
What Is Motorcycle Liability Insurance?
Insurance for motorcycle liability like you’d think from the title, protects motorcyclists when they are riding their motorcycle. It is required to carry motorcycle insurance when riding on a motorbike in California. It is, therefore, important to check your insurance policy to determine whether you are covered by it.
Suppose you need insurance for your motorcycle. In that case, you can get it through insurance companies like Progressive or GEICO or a motorcycle company like Harley Davidson. It is important to shop around to determine where you can get the best coverage at the most affordable price.
Insurance for motorcycle liability works as traditional auto insurance. However, it could be more expensive because of the risk associated with riding a motorcycle. You’re ready to face the challenges confronting motorcyclists with the appropriate motorcycle insurance.
Motorcyclists are at a higher risk of sustaining injuries than people who operate other vehicles because they don’t have the protection of the vehicle shell that surrounds them.
Motorcycle insurance policies that cover medical expenses can pay for a wide range of costs that aren’t paid for by health insurance companies. Therefore, it is essential to know the full scope of your health insurance policy and that you are the motorcycle insurance policy. Our attorneys for motorcycle accidents will assist you in determining what’s covered by health insurance.
How Can a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Help Me?
It is not necessary to feel that the medical expenses you incur will be a burden if the motorcycle accident was the result of the carelessness of the other driver. Negligence is the failure to take reasonable care to stop harm from happening. Examples of negligence are speeding and breaking traffic laws in different ways.
If your accident resulted from someone else’s negligence, the insurance company that represents the driver at fault should be responsible for all expenses caused by accident, including medical expenses. However, insurance businesses are in the business of making money, which is why they’re often not willing or able to pay victims of accidents the amount they’re legally entitled to as per California statute.
We are Nadrich & Cohen Accident Injury Lawyers. We’ve spent more than 30 years helping motorcycle accident victims just like you get every cent of financial compensation they are entitled to for their injuries and other expenses. If you partner with our knowledgeable, professional lawyers, they can assist you in the following ways:
- Find evidence to support a persuasive argument: Insurance companies often deny injured motorcyclists the amount they deserve to compensate them for their injuries. Instead, they claim they need additional evidence of your motorcycle injuries and proof that their insured is responsible for the accident. We can assist you with collecting evidence to strengthen your claim in a motorcycle accident and increase the amount of money you are awarded.
- Communicate and negotiate directly with insurance companies that represent the driver at fault: We’ll handle all correspondence with insurance companies on your behalf so that you can concentrate on healing the damage you sustained. It is vital since insurance adjusters are trained to deceive victims to make statements that suggest they are in the wrong for their accident or that the injuries they suffered aren’t as serious as they say. We’ll contact insurance companies on your behalf so that you don’t have to worry about revealing information about yourself when you speak to insurance companies. Our many years of legal expertise allow us to successfully and confidently negotiate for our clients.
- Represent your rights before a judge: We can represent you in court if the insurance company of the driver at fault refuses to give you enough of a settlement. We can show jurors or judges why the insurer should give you more cash.
Do I Need a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer?
You’ll need an lawyer in a motorcycle accident when you’ve suffered injuries in a motorbike accident. Still, the crash wasn’t your fault, and the injuries are more serious than a few bruises or cuts.
You’ll likely have at least a portion of your expenses paid by the insurance company of the driver-at-fault company after a crash on a motorcycle. However, insurance companies intend to avoid paying you what you’re entitled to. Instead, they would prefer to deliver you the least amount they can or none at all because their profit margins are more important than your well-being.
Insurers will not give you a fair settlement without an attorney since they don’t have any incentive to do so in this instance. They are aware that your only choice to accept a bargain could be to file a lawsuit for the price being too low. They know it’s impossible to beat their costly lawyers in court if they do not have a lawyer for themselves.
Also, the lawyers will only give you what you’re entitled to in the absence of a lawyer if they treat you respectfully.
In many cases, hiring an attorney can convince an insurance company to give the victim of an accident an equitable settlement. In reality, most issues we handle are resolved outside of court due to our long experience of winning in court. Insurance companies are aware that they’ll lose in court against us. Therefore they prefer to settle outside in court to keep from paying costly legal fees.
Contact Our Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Today
The answer to the question, “Will health insurance cover my motorcycle accident injuries?” is yes. But, you may only be compensated for some of your costs from the health insurance company.
You may have to seek financial compensation from the insurance company representing the driver at fault. Expert motorcycle accident lawyers such as Nadrich & Cohen can help with this.
For more details about the legal services that we offer to motorcycle accident victims, contact us or text us or use the online request form to request a no-cost consultation. We don’t charge any fees unless we are successful in your case.